Needle guidance is clinically proven to lead to more confident outcomes in ultrasound-guided biopsies
Needle guidance is clinically proven to lead to more confident outcomes in ultrasound-guided biopsies:
- Improved needle visualization1,2,3
- Reduced procedure time2,3,4,5,6
- Reproducible procedure technique with better tissue yield2,4
Utilization of a needle guide for ultrasound-guided interventions improves needle visualization and procedure efficiency in deep-seated and superficial biopsy targets and endocavity procedures.
- Deep: Liver, Kidney, Stomach, Abdominal Organs
- Superficial: Thyroid, Breast, Lymph Nodes
CIVCO's disposable needle guides attach to your ultrasound probe via a custom-designed, reusable bracket or a direct-attach feature built on the probe.
General Purpose Needle Guidance
Verza Guidance System is the next generation guidance system providing unmatched versatility, ease-of-use and confident outcomes for diagnostic and therapeutic in-plane (IP) ultrasound-guided interventions.
View Verza Needle Guides
Ultra-Pro II needle guide can be utilized in a variety of interventions, including core tissue biopsies, fine needle aspirations, and ablations. Ultra-Pro II is ideally suited for clinicians seeking limited needle movement and a direct needle path to the target.
View Ultra-Pro II Needle Guides
- Phal P, Brooks M, Wolfe R. "Sonographically Guided Biopsy of Focal Lesions: A Comparison of Freehand and Probe Guided Techniques using a Phantom." American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR). 184 (2005) 1652-1656.
- Shabana W, Kielar A, Vermani V, Fernandes D, Antoniscu R, Schweitzer M. "Accuracy of Sonographically Guided Biopsy Using a Freehand Versus Needle-Guided Technique" - Computed Tomographic Correlation Study. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine (JUM). 32 (2013) 535- 540.
- Clendenen S, Robards C, Greengrass R. "Popliteal Catheter Placement Utilizing Ultrasound Needle Guidance System." Local and Regional Anesthesia. 3 (July 28, 2010) 45-48.
- Deurdulian C, French N. "Ultrasound - Guided Intervention in the Abdomen and Pelvis Review from A to Z." Ultrasound Clinics. 9 (2014) 793-820.
- Prasad N, Kumar S, Manjunath R, Bhadauria D, Kaul A, Sharma R, Gupta A, Lal H, Jain M, Agrawal V. "Real-time Ultrasound-guided Percutaneous Renal Biopsy with Needle Guide by Nephrologists Decreases Post-biopsy Complications." Clinical Kidney Journal. 8 (2015) 151-156.
- Mansour MA, Sonbaty M. "Enhancing Needle Visualization During Parasagittal Approach in Paravertebral Block for Patients Undergoing Simple Mastectomy Using in-plane, Multiangle Ultrasound Needle Guidance System." Saudi Journal of Anesthesia. 10 (2016) 33-37.