Needle guidance is clinically proven to lead to more confident outcomes in ultrasound-guided biopsies:
- Improved needle visualization1,2,3
- Reduced procedure time2,3,4,5,6
- Reproducible procedure technique with better tissue yield2,4
Utilization of a needle guide for ultrasound-guided interventions improves needle visualization and procedure efficiency in deep-seated and superficial biopsy targets and endocavity procedures.
- Deep: Liver, Kidney, Stomach, Abdominal Organs
- Superficial: Thyroid, Breast, Lymph Nodes
Endocavity needle guidance systems are designed to correspond with on-screen software guidelines, directing instruments for accurate placement procedures. Transrectal or transvaginal guides for transducers from leading ultrasound system manufacturers are recommended for procedures such as tissue biopsies, fluid aspirations, catheterization, and marker placement.
CIVCO's disposable needle guides attach to your ultrasound probe via a custom-designed, reusable bracket or a direct-attach feature built on the probe.
Verza Guidance System is the next generation guidance system providing unmatched versatility, ease-of-use and confident outcomes for diagnostic and therapeutic in-plane (IP) ultrasound-guided interventions.
View Verza Needle Guides
Ultra-Pro II needle guide can be utilized in a variety of interventions, including core tissue biopsies, fine needle aspirations, and ablations. Ultra-Pro II is ideally suited for clinicians seeking limited needle movement and a direct needle path to the target.
View Ultra-Pro II Needle Guides
- Phal P, Brooks M, Wolfe R. "Sonographically Guided Biopsy of Focal Lesions: A Comparison of Freehand and Probe Guided Techniques using a Phantom." American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR). 184 (2005) 1652-1656.
- Shabana W, Kielar A, Vermani V, Fernandes D, Antoniscu R, Schweitzer M. "Accuracy of Sonographically Guided Biopsy Using a Freehand Versus Needle-Guided Technique" - Computed Tomographic Correlation Study. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine (JUM). 32 (2013) 535- 540.
- Clendenen S, Robards C, Greengrass R. "Popliteal Catheter Placement Utilizing Ultrasound Needle Guidance System." Local and Regional Anesthesia. 3 (July 28, 2010) 45-48.
- Deurdulian C, French N. "Ultrasound - Guided Intervention in the Abdomen and Pelvis Review from A to Z." Ultrasound Clinics. 9 (2014) 793-820.
- Prasad N, Kumar S, Manjunath R, Bhadauria D, Kaul A, Sharma R, Gupta A, Lal H, Jain M, Agrawal V. "Real-time Ultrasound-guided Percutaneous Renal Biopsy with Needle Guide by Nephrologists Decreases Post-biopsy Complications." Clinical Kidney Journal. 8 (2015) 151-156.
- Mansour MA, Sonbaty M. "Enhancing Needle Visualization During Parasagittal Approach in Paravertebral Block for Patients Undergoing Simple Mastectomy Using in-plane, Multiangle Ultrasound Needle Guidance System." Saudi Journal of Anesthesia. 10 (2016) 33-37.