The Future of Automated Reprocessing
DetailsThis webinar will give you insight into the ever-changing disinfection guidelines, as well as ways that you can optimize your ultrasound probe turnaround. This session will also explore how medical devices are classified using the Spaulding Classification, the importance of proper transportation and storage, and some considerations – and benefits - of implementing automated reprocessing into your workflow.
STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE WEBINAR TO COMPLETE THE COURSE QUIZ FOR CME CREDIT
Approved for 1.0 CME Credit by SDMS & HSPA
OBJECTIVES• Explain how medical devices are classified using the Spaulding Classification.
• Discuss standards and guidelines for appropriate societies pertaining to ultrasound probe reprocessing.
• Explain the difference between LLD/HLD and the importance of distinguishing between the two.
• Discuss the benefits of automated reprocessing.
• Evaluate the important considerations with automated reprocessing.
• Break down recommendations for transporting and storing probes after reprocessing.
• Discuss steps for implementing an automated process in your facility.
SPEAKERMarci Tucker, RDMS, RVT is a Clinical Marketing Specialist at CIVCO Medical Solutions. Marci has over 25 years of clinical experience as a Sonographer and Ultrasound Manager at a large academic medical center, having the privilege of teaching many radiology residents and sonography students over the years. Marci also has extensive experience managing all aspects of ultrasound clinical operations, including many successful TJC audits and ACR accreditations.
Webinar Recorded August 2023